Friday, January 22, 2010

My Baby Boy


WOW! Tomorrow my baby will be ONE. A whole year has past in one blink of my eye. I know I have said it before but he is my LAST little baby love. I love him soooo much. There are many special things about him that make him so unique and lovable. He is the best little cuddle bug. He just clings with the hugs. He even says...ummm, ummm ummm when he gives them. My friends who have babies his age have to hold my Little Law to get there cuddles in because he cuddles like no other!! He was also born with a Mohawk. I have never seen this before. This has been his little trademark. His hair recently started growing all crazy(as you can see coming out of the hat) and so we had his first real haircut a few days ago. He now has his signature haircut again. His laugh is so scrumptious... if I could bottle it up and sell it I would be a gozziillionair!!!! I know I am rambling on and on but I am feeling really anxious about him growing up so fast. Tomorrow is going to be both happy and sad for me. The way I look at it, this year went by so fast.... I will only have 17 more of these before I have an empty nest. I just want to stay in this moment for a long, long time. I know our babies have to grow up though. I told my older son to stop growing so fast and he said "Mommy, I just can't stop myself." Boo Hoo Hoo!!! If I really thought that he could, I would order him to do so! Anyway, we will be celebrating our last first birthday tomorrow with a small family party. This will be very different for us. Jackson and Gretta had big bashes for their firsts. I have learned a lot since then. If you have that many people to entertain and lots of bigger children there, it is not really about the baby anymore. So we will focus on him and him only on his big day. I see lots of hugs and kisses, great photos, a few new toys(which he doesn't need), and memories of him that will last a lifetime for us! He is so precious!! Thank you God for sending him to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lesley Kimsey DearingJanuary 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM

    Melanie, that version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" gets me every time and what a sweet sweet bittersweet post you have made. Your children are precious and I bet your "nest" will never be really empty. Happy Birthday Sweet Mama!

    ReplyDelete